At Advanced Functional Medicine we specialise in the treatment of a wide range of chronic disease. We treat a variety of ailments, from digestive disorders and autoimmune disease to hormonal issues and thyroid conditions. The patients that thrive within our practice are generally looking for the following;
- Not wanting to rely on unnecessary medications for the rest of their lives
- Wanting to take control of their own health and play an active role in their own health journey
- Are willing to implement change in their diet and lifestyle to assist in facilitating the healing process
How do we work with our patients?
We work closely with our patients to provide a thorough understanding of their health condition and uncover the root causes of disease that are contributing to the symptoms that have manifested. We use a range of tools to assist us in identifying underlying pathologic imbalances. These include;
- A comprehensive medical history and case examination
- Specific targeted medical testing (blood, urine, stool, saliva, breath, etc)
- Detailed and thorough Body System Analysis questionnaires
With our thorough investigative process we uncover a multitude of factors driving disease that need to be addressed to be able to facilitate healing. Many of our patients have been searching for these “health keys” for many years and only start healing once we identify the drivers of the disease and put in place a comprehensive plan to reverse disease. Underlying disease drivers we commonly discover include;
- gut dysbiosis
- bacterial infections
- auto immune antibodies for a range of auto immune conditions
- nutrient deficiencies
- nutrient imbalances
- hormone dysregulation
- viral infections
- irritable Bowel disease markers (IBD)
- Methylation imbalances
- Food sensitivities and intolerances
- Digestion insufficiency
- Compromised detoxification pathways
- Downregulated genes or single nucleotide polymorphisms (snp) that are affected by diet, lifestyle and environment that need supporting and regulating
We use a range of tools to eliminate disease triggers and drivers such as herbal medicine, nutritional supplementation and diet and lifestyle guidance. By eliminating disease drivers, we are able to prevent and reverse chronic disease and bring about a level of deep healing that is only associated with the removal of the root causes of disease.
The Functional Medicine Approach
At Advanced Functional Medicine we adopt a specialist healthcare treatment model that brings about rapid healing and change, empowering those we work with to take an active approach in their healthcare.
Functional Medicine investigates the root cause of disease and addresses underlying pathology and dysfunction to rebalance the body. All body systems are recognised as connected and interact with one another. For instance, many symptoms may be present such as fatigue, aches and pains, brain fog, etc. which could be related to a digestive issue or bacterial infection of the gut.
Functional Medicine treatments are safe, using natural substances such as herbs and nutrition supplements that have mild or no side effects. Treatments are based on the latest evidence based medical research and trials. Treatment protocols are designed to empower the individual, prevent and reverse disease and promote optimal function of the mind and body.
Conditions we treat
Properly trained Functional Medicine Practitioners are able to treat a wide range of chronic illness. By investigating thoroughly the disease drivers and treating the interconnected body systems together, we are able to effectively treat a multitude of diseases. Conditions we successfully treat at our Perth clinic of Advanced Functional Medicine include;
Conditions we specialise in
We are confident in treating the above conditions and systems of the body.
In addition, Jarrod Cooper specialises in the following;
- Gut and Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Mental Health Disorders and cognition decline
- Methylation, MTHFR and genetic reporting
- Thyroid conditions
- Autoimmune diseases
- Food intolerances
- Skin disorders
- Fatigue and sleep issues
- Chronic infections, parasites and viral loads
- Hormone imbalances
- Metabolic dysregulation
- Lyme disease