Natural Men’s Health Clinic Perth
Natural Men’s Health Clinic Perth
Natural Men’s Health Clinic
Men’s Health is a topic that is often not as talked about publicly as many other categories of healthcare. Looking for a specilaised natural men’s health clinic can assist you with being able to recover from specific men’s health conditions.
According to a study in the World Journal of Men’s Health, men have a life expectancy six years shorter than that of women. Worldwide, this lower life expectancy is due to a range of factors, but most mortality is from diseases that affect both men and women, such as heart disease, cancer and other diseases.
Natural approach to Low Testosterone and Erectile Dysfunction
A holistic view of men’s health is needed to address specific male problems, as well as generic disease in males. Many men silently suffer from specific male conditions and sexual health problems that further affect their quality of life and mental health.
Common Men’s Health Issues
- Male Menopause (Andropause) – a decline in testosterone levels accompanied by a rise in Estrogen, this happens gradually over a number of years for the male, unlike a sharp decrease in the female around menopause
- Erectile Dysfunction – Inability to maintain or achieve an erection, which can be seen at any age for men but usually occurs later in life.
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia – non-cancerous growth of the prostate, narrowing the urethra that further causing urine flow issues and recurrent infections of the urinary tract.
- Infertility – the inability to conceive a child after 12 months of having intercourse around ovulation times with their partner, accounts for 30% of infertility cases.
- Prostatitis – acute or chronic inflammation of the prostate further causing urinary flow issues
Many men’s health conditions are caused by reduced levels of androgens (male sex hormones), with the most prevalent male hormone being testosterone.
Symptoms of low testosterone
- Inability to maintain an erection or weakened erections
- reduced sexual desire
- breast development
- loss of body hair
- reduced muscle mass and increased fat deposition
- lethargy and low mood
Increased aromatase and low testosterone levels
As men age, their testosterone levels naturally fall from the age of around 35-40, testosterone falls on an average of 1-2% per year. One of the main reasons for the decline is through increased aromatase that is an enzyme that converts testosterone to estrogen. There are multiple factors that influence this conversion including the following:-
- High levels of inflammation in the body
- Poor gut health and bacterial overgrowth such as SIBO
- Insulin resistance
- High Stress
- Nutrient deficiencies such as zinc and Vitamin D
Functional Medicine Men’s Health Clinic
Conventional treatment of low testosterone can often involve the direct ingestion of bio-identical hormones. This can often come with side effects such as male pattern baldness, enlarged breasts and acne. If the underlying cause of increased aromatase is not resolved, then your estrogen levels can actually rise further as the testosterone supplement is converted to estrogen.
A functional medicine approach will address the underlying cause of excess aromatase and other deficiencies as well as investigate why testosterone levels are low and estrogen levels high. At our Perth clinic of Advanced Functional Medicine we have experience with many specific men’s health problems.