About - Renae Trivic
Renae is a Degree qualified Naturopathic Doctor & Functional Medicine Practitioner.
She has a special interest in a number of key areas with years of clinical experience including Gut Health, Women’s health & Hormones, Children’s Health, Fertility/IVF, Mental Health, Skin Conditions, Thyroid Disorders, Autoimmune Disease, Fatigue & Chronic Disease in general.
She has been mentored by some of the best Naturopathic and Functional Medicine Clinicians. Foundational to her practice is one the Naturopathic Medicine Principals of ‘Naturopathic Doctor as teacher’, empowering and inspiring patients wherever they are on their personal health journey to live healthier and happier lives.
Renae Trivic – ND
Functional Medicine Practitioner
I am Renae Trivic and I am a degree qualified Naturopathic Medicine and Functional Medicine Practitioner.
I am passionate about providing a high standard of Functional Medicine & Naturopathic health care to the entire family. My evidence-based treatment approach emphasizes the importance of addressing underlying issues predisposing an individual to a range of health conditions, from acute to chronic, and not just alleviating symptoms. Utilising specialised testing and assessments, I can fully evaluate your health, enabling Naturopathic care to be tailored to you for best health outcomes.
Journey to Functional Medicine
I started out in my 20’s pursuing studies in various degrees-Nursing, Biomedical Science on a mission to find a career with a drive to help others but also full of purpose which eventually led me to pursing a degree in Naturopathy. My mother was a horticulturist, so always had an affinity to being in outdoors in Nature and couldn’t believe I could have career, using the healing power of Nature, one of the Principals of Natural medicine- ‘Vis medicatrix naturae’. This was intertwined with my own personal health journey at the time.
As a child I was the ‘anti-biotic’ kid, repeat ear infections and tonsillitis, adenoids removed -which later in life through functional testing was able to find I am egg, dairy and gluten sensitive-a driving factor in my low immunity. The long-term anti-biotic use lead to chronic gut issues driven by dysbiosis (microbial imbalance) and anxiety (hello gut-brain link!), which I have been able to uncover and balance through specialised microbiome gut testing.
Functional Medicine for me has been empowering being able to optimise my health to thrive in life and it’s a become a personal mission to be able to do this for others.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Health Science-Naturopathy-ND
- Advanced Diploma of Naturopathy
- Australian Natural Therapies Association-Member & Registered
- Naturopathic Practitioner
I am highly experienced as a general Natural Medicine Practitioner, and as a mother myself enjoy seeing babies & children and supporting women through pregnancy & postpartum period. Having gone through IVF myself with my two daughters, I am passionate about supporting women through assisted fertility.
Common conditions that patients seek my help for include:
- Paediatric health issues - reflux & colic, respiratory issues, low immunity, digestive issues, food intolerances, learning difficulties, eczema & rashes.
- Gut + Microbiome issues - digestive disorders including IBS, inflammatory bowel disease, boating, constipation, SIBO, gut infections + parasites, food intolerances
- IVF support and fertility Issues
- Pregnancy + Post natal depletion
- Women’s health conditions - PMS/PMDD, endometriosis, PCOS, menstrual disturbances, menopause, perimenopause
- Chronic fatigue syndrome, long COVID
- Auto-Immune diseases
- Depression, anxiety, burn out & mental health
- Thyroid disorders - hashimoto’s, hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, grave’s disease
- Skin conditions such as acne, eczema, psoriasis
I consult from the Perth clinic of Advanced Functional Medicine in Palmyra, Western Australia, at the Antony St Specialist Centre. I see patients in person, as well as via Telehealth for patients across Australia and worldwide.