About Naturopathy in Perth What is naturopathy? Visit our Perth Naturopaths
Are you looking for a Naturopath in Perth? When life is so busy for so many of us, having the energy and mental clarity to tackle obstacles, problem solve and simply fit everything into our days becomes incredibly important. If you are feeling less than optimal or are dealing with unwanted symptoms, daily life can become a struggle.
Put simply, naturopathy can make you feel better. It can give you an overall sense of wellbeing, give you more energy and vitality and even put you in a better mood. It has the power to boost brain function, reduce anxiety, clear skin, work out your gut issues, improve your menstruation cycle and give you a better night’s sleep.
Naturopathy uses a holistic, patient-centred approach. Our Perth Naturopaths actively listen to the individual, using a scientific, evidence-based approach to understand health issues by uncovering the root cause of an individual’s symptoms. Once the reasons for your illness are understood, naturopaths will create an individualised treatment plan to ensure you get back on the path to wellness.
Naturopaths follow six foundational principles in their practice:
- The healing power of nature
- First do no harm
- Find and treat the cause whenever possible, not only the symptoms
- Treat the whole person
- Education and prevention 
At Advanced Functional Medicine, we will work with you, to investigate your symptoms and find the right solutions for you. Advanced Functional Medicine’s Perth Naturopaths, Nurse Practitioners and other health professionals are all trained in Functional Medicine. Our team will empower you to take control of your health and equip you with the tools to get well and stay well.
To uncover what’s behind your illness, we will use a number of different tests, including:
- Advanced stool tests
- SIBO breath tests
- comprehensive blood panels
- genetic testing
- organic acids testing
- Salivary hormone testing
Our Perth Naturopaths specialise in diagnosing and treating the following:
- Gastrointestinal system disorders - Celiac disease, constipation, diarrhea, reflux, flatulence, gastritis, IBD (ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease), gut dysbiosis, bacterial infections, food intolerances and parasites.
- Immune system disorders - autoimmune disorders such as hypothyroidism (Hashimoto’s disease), hyperthyroidism (Grave’s disease), lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic fatigue, food allergies and intolerances, herpes, glandular fever, tinnitus and other viral infections.
- Skin disorders - acne, alopecia, dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea and urticaria.
- Mental health disorders - anxiety, panic attacks, ADD/ADHD, depression, eating disorders, cognitive decline, schizophrenia and chronic stress.
- Musculoskeletal conditions - fibromyalgia, gout, arthritis, osteoporosis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Nervous system disorders - Alzheimer’s disease/dementia, insomnia, headaches/migraines, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease.
- Endocrine system disorders - diabetes, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, other thyroid conditions, hypoglycaemia and adrenal fatigue.
- Women’s health issues - endometriosis, infertility, menopause, PCOS, pregnancy and PMS.
- Men’s health issues - erectile dysfunction, infertility, prostatitis, testosterone decline and benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- Cardiovascular system conditions - anaemia, heart disease, hemochromatosis, hypertension, hypotension, oedema and varicose veins.
- Liver and gall bladder issues - poor liver function and detoxification, alcoholic liver disease and non-alcoholic liver disease, gallstones and cirrhosis.
- Metabolic dysregulation - metabolic syndrome and obesity.
- Respiratory system conditions - allergic rhinitis, asthma and COPD.
- Urinary system issues - kidney disease and urinary tract infections.
- Methylation, MTHFR and genetic reporting.
- Fatigue and sleep issues
- Hormone imbalances
At Advanced Functional Medicine, we believe everyone deserves to live their best life, with optimal physical and mental health. Get in touch with us to find out how we can help you or click the Book Appointment link to book online.